Ways To Nature Terms and Conditions
1. All tours must be pre-booked and paid for at the time of booking.
2. COVID-19 Policy
Only customers participating in the Len Howard Conservation Park tour must have an Up-To-Date Vaccination status to comply with WA State Government vaccination mandates pertaining to tourism transportation (shuttle bus transfer component of the tour).
The customer shall comply with current WA Health Department COVID-19 physical distancing and mask directives whilst on the tour.
The customer shall comply with all Government (Federal and State) COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements for entry into Western Australia.
Where the customer does not meet a vaccination or testing requirement prior to departure from the customer’s home location, the customer will forfeit any and all monies paid.
Where the customer cancels due to extended or re-imposed Government COVID-19 travel restriction (other than vaccination or testing requirements), the customer will be contacted and offered a refund or credit note (to be used at a later time), where such an offer is at the absolute discretion of the operator (Ways To Nature). The operator reserves the right to withhold some monies to cover administrative expenses and other losses, dependent on when notice of cancellation is given by the customer.
3. Cancelation Policy
Tour date changes (subject to availability) are available up until 24 hours before departure
If a booking is cancelled up to 48 hours prior to departure a 50% refund will be issued.
If a booking is cancelled 48 hours or less prior to departure a 25% refund will be issued.
If a booking is cancelled less than 24 hours prior to departure, no refund will be issued.
The operator reserves the right to cancel a tour if
a) weather conditions are deemed unsafe, at the discretion of the operator.
b)less than two customers have booked the tour.
In these instances, the operator will re-book the tour at the earliest possible convenience (subject to availability), or provide a full refund.
4. Tours will operate rain or shine, so please dress appropriately. Tours can be cancelled at anytime by the operator if conditions are deemed unsafe for customers and staff. This may include Bureau of Meteorology weather warnings or extreme fire danger (please refer to Cancellation Policy above).
5. The customer agrees to follow the instructions and directions of the operator’s staff.
6. Ways To Nature is not liable or responsible for any property loss or damage or personal injury arising from or connected with any Ways To Nature tour or service.
7. Please leave your pets at home, domestic pets are not permitted on tours.
8. Tours will depart punctually. Please arrive 10 minutes before the arranged departure time so your tour can leave on time.
9. Customers agree, unless communicated before the commencement of the walk, to having their photograph taken whilst on the tour for marketing purposes on the Ways To Nature website and other social media platforms.
10. It is the responsibility of the customer to advise the Ways To Nature guide of any potentially life-threatening medical conditions before the commencement of the tour including, but not restricted to, those conditions for which a medi-alert bracelet is worn, anaphylaxis, diabetes and asthma.
Leave only footprints, take only photos….Ways To Nature supports the principles recommended by Leave No Trace Australia (www.lnt.org.au) for minimising our impacts when visiting WA’s National Parks and reserves